The Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned today that the Second Wave which always follows with pandemics is on its way here, although I actually thought it had never left but rather just waiting to appear again when we had become too confident and lapse in our ways.
Boris Johnson does not want a full lockdown as he knows that the country cannot afford it, but he also knows first hand what this awful virus can do having nearly died getting it.
Is it really too much to ask for people to behave and follow the laws that are being put out there for our health? After all the main aim of a Conservative Government is to have less interference in our lives rather than more as that is the Socialist way. It does not want us dependent on the state as again that is the Socialist way and not the Conservatives who believe in Capitalism…therefore this trying to keep us safe goes against everything that Boris Johnson believes in, and this is why I know he is doing it to keep us safe.
The Nightingale Hospitals have been given the order to be up and running in 48 hours and my own area is on the verge of a local lockdown but even last time with a complete lockdown, there were still idiots who live locally who were breaking it. Its like listening to children in their arguments…”no Government is telling me what to do”….even if it is for their own good. You cannot educate pork a lot of the time and sadly it tends to affect those who have been in lockdown, and not those who happily break it for some stupid reason or other.
There are now 13 million people under local lockdown and I must admit it is disappointing but Mr Points of Sue and I will do what we are told. I can imagine those who think it is a crackdown on freedom for tyranny will be screaming at the moment, but I don’t believe in that rubbish….it is purely a Prime Minister who is trying to do his best in a time that is something out of a horror film.
- Another 4,322 people have been diagnosed with Covid-19, the Government announced today in the highest one-day rise since May 8, and government’s latest estimate of the R number for the UK is between 1.1 and 1.4. Another 27 people were recorded as having died.
- An average of 6,000 people in England per day were estimated to be newly infected with Covid-19 between September 4 to 10, according to the ONS – up from 3,200 people per day for the period from August 30 to September 5;
As usual we get sitting on the fence Starmer demanding…YES DEMANDING that Sadiq Khan, Sturgeon and the Welsh first minister join in the Cobra meetings, but he forgets one thing…he and them are not in the ruling Government. Starmer is just trying to interfere when he in reality he really is becoming bothersome. After all if you are having Khan why not the Mayors of Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham etc….What Starmer wants is the most irrelevant mouthpieces to just cause mayhem at these meetings, and for him to leak it out to the papers. If I was Boris I would just do what we the country want him to do and ignore Sitting on the Fence Starmer as he is up to no good….he knows it and we know it.
How could the ‘circuit breaker’ work? (Daily Mail).
The government is mulling what has been described as a ‘circuit breaker’ in a bid to stem the spread of coronavirus. But it would not be quite as draconian as the lockdown that was imposed at the previous height of the crisis in March. Instead it would be similar to the lockdowns that have been introduced locally in areas with high infection levels. Restrictions would be imposed nationwide for perhaps a fortnight, in the hope that short sharp action can break the chain of transmission.
- People only allowed to socialise with their own household or support bubble.
- Curfews and restrictions on activities in public spaces such as town centres and parks.
- Face masks need to be worn in more public areas and venues.
- Pubs and restaurants and other firms like hairdressers and beauty salons could either be ordered to close altogether, or have their opening hours severely restricted.
- The edict to work from home where possible could be reinstated, after Boris Johnson spent months urging people to return to offices.
- Non-essential shops and workplaces would stay open, to avoid further disastrous damage to the economy.
- Schools would also probably be kept going, after ministers warned of the massive impact on the prospects of pupils.
- There is speculation the curbs could be introduced over the half-term at the end of October – if the government can wait that long with cases doubling every eight days.
- Healthcare and dentistry is likely to be kept going, rather than being reduced to urgent care as in the previous lockdown.
I fully support the Prime Minister as I know that he is not trying to point score politically like Sitting on the Fence Starmer, but he is doing it for a genuine reason and he does not want the masses dying or the NHS losing the battle against the virus.
He must however get rid of Dido Harding and her role in the testing farce and get someone in who actually knows what they are doing, a senior Doctor who has a proven track record of dealing with issues. Why not Chris Witty? He is everything Harding isn’t and I am sure that somebody who is actually qualified for the role will turn it around. That is the only criticism I have of Boris. Time to stop the Quangos and time to put someone in who can actually do a good job with the testing….other than that, is it really too much just to stay in, try to restrict your socialising and do as you are told?
Otherwise if we don’t there will be a greater number of deaths, more families grieving and the key workers just exhausted…all for what ….so people can go the pub for a pint?
Stay in if you can, if not wear a mask, hand gel regularly and just follow the rules…..we can fight this with the PM or you can make it worse…..and I know what I want….to see the backend of 2020 and knowing my family, friends and neighbours are safe because we did the right thing.